Introduction

Hello, my name is Sabina Pringle. I like to go by Ms. Pringle. My academic background is English Literature and English as a Second Language. I’ve been teaching at City College for nearly two years. Before that I taught ESL at Universidad del Atlantico in Barranquilla, Colombia (not Columbia) for two years, and before that, I taught ESL in Spain. I was born in Spain. I really enjoyed teaching Writing for Engineering last spring, and I look forward to a great class this semester.

Please post your introduction as a reply to this post.

26 thoughts on “Introduction”

1. Hi, my name is Abir Das. I am a Computer Engineering major at CCNY. I really like technology and solving issues dealing with tech. I prefer math as my favorite subject and Cricket as my all-time favorite sport. I like writing more than reading in English, therefore this being writing intensive course tells me that I will be enjoying it as I move on to this semester. I look forward to having an amazing semester.

2. Hello, my name is Basil Oommen. I am a freshman studying Biomedical Engineering at CCNY. My appreciation for engineering sprouted when I decided to join my high school’s robotics club. I learned a lot about the aspects connected to engineering, as well as ways in effectively advertising our team to people in the community. I am excited to be in this class and hope to improve on my communication and writing skills.

3. Hi, my name is Brandi Alduk, and this is my second semester at CCNY. My major is Biomedical Engineering and I have a minor in Philosophy. In my free time I like to write short stories and play video games.

4. Hi, my name is Vince John Plasencia. I was born in the Philippines and moved here at age 9. I’m a Civil Engineering major, but I’m honestly not well versed on what my major entails. I chose it because I’m more STEM-oriented and the other engineering fields didn’t seem to suit me. While I prefer to work more with numbers, I also enjoy writing about things I’m passionate about and am always looking for ways to improve. I’m looking forward to a good semester!

5. Hi, my name is Aman Kaiyum and this is my second semester as a Computer Engineering major. I began to realize my interest for the field after I took a Digital Electronics course in high school. In my free time I enjoy shooting photos and meeting new people. I look forward to developing my skills in technical writing this semester.

6. Hello, my name is Nayma Labonna. It’s my second semester here at City College and I am a Computer Science major. I enjoy reading and writing so I hope I’m able to improve my technical communication skills this semester. I am looking forward to working with you all.

7. Hello, my name is Adam Almodovar and this is my second semester at CCNY. My major is Electrical Engineering, mainly because their are a few engineers in my family and it was put in my brain that engineering would be my best choice for a career. I enjoy hands on tasks on my free time such as building things and working on cars. I look forward to working with you all and enhancing my writing capabilities.

8. Hello my name is Mainul Nishan and I’m currently a sophomore at Hunter College. My major of study is mechanical engineering and I plan on transferring in the Fall semester of my Junior year. I work as an engineering technician at STV INC which is nationally known Architecture, Engineering and Construction Firm. I plan on becoming project manager as continue in my career in engineering field.

9. Hello, My name is Jonathan Smilovich. I’m a second-semester freshman at CCNY. I’m majoring in Computer Engineering which combines some aspects of electrical engineering and computer science. I enjoy my intro courses so far in computing and I love technology in general. Another hobby I enjoy is art. I hope to one day maybe find a career that can mend art and technology to pursue my ultimate career!

10. Hi, my name is William Lin and this is my second semester at CCNY. I chose Computer Engineering as my major because it sounded like fun. I enjoy playing handball and spending time with friends. I look forward to working with you all!

1. Hello, my name is Maryan this is my second semester in city college. The major that I choose is computer science. The reason I choose computer science because coding is really fun. Math is my favorite subject. I like running and working out.

11. Hello, my name is Omer Amray. This is my second semester here at CCNY. I chose to become a civil engineering major as I have many references in the field and am interested in managing or building large scale projects. I enjoy a variety of sports, football and ping pong are two to name. I look forward to a great semester!

12. Hi my name is Kevin Vazquez and I am currently undecided. I want to pursue in computer science because it seems like a good career. I look forward to working with you all.

13. Hi my name is Yifan Gao and I’m undecided, but going computer science. I love basketball and badminton. I hope we will have a good class and have fun with each other.

14. Hello, my name is Anedale Dimalanta. I graduated high school one year earlier, so I am still 17 years old. Since I love dogs, I enjoy killing time by playing with my two dogs at home. When I’m not at school or on my break, I enjoy watching anime, reading manga and webtoons, and listening to music. I plan to get into Grove to further pursue mechanical engineering. My favorite subject is physics even though it’s hard.

15. My name is Jonathan Rodriguez, I plan on transferring into the Grove School of Engineering to major in Electric Engineering. I am 19 years old and in my second semester as a freshman at CCNY and I am Costa Rican and Puerto Rican.

16. Hello guys! My name is Abira Hossain and my major is biomedical engineering. I am 18 years old and in my second semester as a freshman. I like to pass time by reading books and listening to music. I am looking forward to having fun in class with you all!

17. Hello My name is Ayoka Laguda, Im a transfer sophomore looking to get into The Grove School of Engineering to major in Computer Science. When im not in school enjoy dabbing in visual arts and would love to find a way to join these two interest into a career field id enjoy.

18. Hi everyone, my name is Adrienne Berrios and my major is computer science. I am 18 years old and in my second semester as a freshman at CCNY. I like to play word games even though I’m not very good at them. I like to read and play softball.

19. Hello everyone, I’m Jared. I am pursuing a comp sci major and I am an upper freshman. I like the challenge of my classes so far and I look forward to getting through this course as well. My hobbies include playing video-games, music production, and my favorite sport to play is badminton!

20. Hello, my name is Shivani Vohra and my major is Chemical Engineering. This is my first year at the Grove school. I am pursuing Chemical Engineering because I want to work in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry after I graduate. Whenever I have free time I enjoy spending time with my friends or family and listening to music. I am looking forward to improving my technical writing skills this semester.

21. Hi, my name is Khemraj Jageaswar and I am a computer engineering major. I am a freshman and I enjoy trading stocks, entrepreneurship, supercars, and tuner cars.